West Coast University (WCU) is incorporated in Panama and now also received license of incorporation in Belize ,the only country in the Central America where English is the Official Language. West Coast University (WCU) is a federation of Schools, faculties and 35 affiliated colleges/centers in 21 countries. These colleges are legal entities to impart education in the countries of their existence. University is licensed under International Business Companies act Chapter 270 of the Laws of Belize, Central America, Revised Edition 2000 for International Education Business by the Government of Belize Central America. License no. 135.613 granted on 1st July 2013 signed by deputy registrar, IBC
Each College has its own organizational & operational system. They select and admit and teach their own students in accordance with university’s approval admit diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate students. College representatives sit on the University Management Council.
There are eight Schools, which each form an administrative grouping of Faculties and other institutions. They are:
- School of Engineering & Technology,
- School of Business & Management
- School of Leadership & Project Management,
- School of Computer Science & Information Technology,
- School of Physical Education, Sports & Martial Arts,
- School of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences,
- School of Hospitality,
- School of Theology.
- School of Health Science.
- School of Basic Science.
- School of Nursing.
Faculties and Departments
University Faculties organize teaching and conduct research into individual subjects or groups of subjects. Their work is normally organized into sub-divisions called Departments. The Committees of management bringing together representatives from several disciplines, control centers of studies.
The “West Coast Institute of Management & Technology (WCIMT)” was established in 1996 at Perth by a Christian family “S. Lloyd Family Trust” to provide vocational and Professional Educational Services at National and International Levels under a Christian mission and vision of preaching, teaching and Social works.It was Autonomous Educational Institute and Vocational Training School.The institute was a registered and accredited training institution, accredited by the Training Accreditation Council (TAC) of the Training Department of the Government of Western Australia, and is listed on the “Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses ” (CRICOS), which provide accredited courses to local and overseas students up to Graduate Diploma Level.WCIMT established a chain of affiliated colleges in many countries. In 2004, the trustees decided to use this infrastructure to establish the West Coast University in a favorable country West Coast University, although based in Panama but it serves as a global institute for autonomous higher education.
WCU being global university is not nationally accredited but accredited internationally by the recognized international accrediting agencies conveying full authority to WCU to offer and award degrees in higher education as an autonomous Institution.
- Accredited by Accreditation Syndicate for Education & Training, England & Wales, U.K.
- Accredited Quality Assurance Commission, United Kingdom.
- Licensed & Accredited by CCLP Worldwide Education Charter International
- Consorcio Universitario Euro Americano, Spain
- Accredited by International Accreditation Organization (IAO)
- Equivalency & Validation by California University FCE
- Accredited by the Association of International Colleges in Technical Education (AICTE)
- Accredited by Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL)
- World Council for Regular & Distance Education (WCRDE)